Friday, March 03, 2006

Kandisa



A dark night. A dim lit stage with intermittent smoke at the corners, giving it a mystical look. Four guys standing on it . A silent surrounding with hundreds of people anticipating every move. And then the silence is broken by “Kandisa” – starting with a beautiful solo vocal followed by the tabla, the drums and the bass which are soon joined by the acoustic lead.
Yes, I am talking about an INDIAN OCEAN Live concert.

From the day I have heard “Kandisa” I wanted to see these guys perform live. My wish came true when they came to Chennai to perform.

In a single word if I have to express the experience I would say it was Fantabulous.

All four of them are so talented that I was swooped off my feet. Ranging from 'Kandisa' (that means Praise), which is inturn an Aramic(the language of jesus) song to the ‘adivasi’ song, Boll Weevil (which is an insect that feeds on cotton), this band has a pretty wide range of subjects. Apart from their amazing music, their stage performance, based on a spice of spontaneous humor, was too good. This band is so balanced with everyone one of them being as good as the others.

INDIAN OCEAN I salute you.

As their site (www.indianoceanmusic.com) says

..the deepest recess of the ocean reflects the soul
when indian ocean sings, the soul speaks

No comments: