Monday, March 27, 2006

A Dozen Roses

26th March 2006,Chennai: The time was around 8:30AM when I heard the bell ring.I was in the bathroom and my flatmate attended the call. When I came out, all refreshed by the cold bath, he asked me to go to my room and see. As I approached the door of my room, which was wide open, I could see a something leaned against the unanimated computer screen. I was amazed to see what I found there : A beautifull bouquet of a dozen Red Roses wrapped elegantly with a small flowery ribbon. Then I found a note that said "Hey Pinj, Happy Birthday, Have a gala time". And the note was not undersigned.

Imagination started running wild after that. "May be x sent it.Oh no, she is not there ...then may be Y sent ..No that cant be. May be the hotel sent it which has the address below the card........." and so on.

But the point was, whoever it is, thanks to her as I had got the FIRST bouquet of red roses after 26 years :)

Finally at midnight, the mystery got solved.It was sent by a very good friend of mine from Kolkata.Thanks Swati..

1 comment:

cyberoam said...

Swati would be the happiest to read this blog and I cant get over the fact that she never gave me a bouquet though I gave her some 36 in her last bday. Some ppl have all the luck i say... :) enjoy ur bday buddy and u wd keep gettin those roses....